Exhibitions, Workshops & Conferences
- Conducted a Medical Exhibition in KIMS, Hubli in the year 1985.
Shri. Maheshan, Deputy Commissioner inaugurating the function
- Conducted the first ever South India Level Ilizarov course and hands on workshop at Bangalore in the year 1994 at Century Club and Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science, Bangalore. The course directors were Dr. Ashok V. Kalamdani, former President of the Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, Dr. Milind from Akola, Maharashtra.
Dr. John Ebnezar with former CM of Karnataka Sri S. Bangarappa
at the Ilizarov Conference in Bangalore in 1994.
- Conducted a state level course on first aid treatment for medical students and junior doctors at Bangalore in the year 1995. The faculty was from St. John’s Ambulance Association, Bangalore.
- Conducted an All India Ilizarov Conference & Hands on Workshop at Bangalore Medical College in the year 1996. The course director was the internationally renowned Ilizarov expert Dr. G.S. Kulkarni, former President of the Indian Orthopaedic Association, Dr. Jhunjhunwala, Dr. Mangal Parihar, Dr. Pradeep Bhosale, Dr. Milind Kulkarni and Dr. Ashok Kalamdani.
Dr G.S Kulkarni at the national conference on Ilizarov at
Bangalore Medical College in 1996 organised by Dr. John Ebnezar.
Dr. H.A. Narasimaiha, former Vice-Chancellor, Bangalore University inaugurating the conference.
- Conducted A National Conference & Hands on Workshop on Spinal Surgery at Bangalore in the year 1997.
Dr. John with the Director of medical education Dr. Meundi, media coverage in Deccan Herald
on June 20th 1997, Deccan Herald
regarding the National Conference on Spinal Surgery
conducted by him at Victoria Hospital, Bangalore.
Dr. P.S. Ramani, inaugurating the National Conference on Spine Surgery
organised by Dr. John Ebnezar at Bangalore Medical College in 1997.
- Assisted Dr. P.S. Ramani in organisation of the Spine Update 2000, a national meet on spine surgery held at
Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar from 29th to 30th 2000.
- Conducted a one day workshop and educational course on Low backache at Parimala Speciality Hospital and research centre in Oct 2000.
- Indian faculty in the International Conference on Spinal Surgery as an Indian faculty member held at Leelavathi Hospital, Mumbai from Feb 16th to 18th 2001.
- Conducted a one day workshop on Common Neck Pain at Indian Institute Of World Culture on Sept 2003.
- Organising chairman of the scientific committee of the Karnataka Orthopaedic Association Conference at Bangalore in Feb 2005.
Organising Chairman of the Scientific Committee of KOACON-2005, with
Dr. M. Natarajan, renowned Orthopaedic Oncologist and Dr. Partibhan, renowned Neurosurgeon.
- Conducted a one day workshop on Management of Emergencies in Orthopaedics held at Prashanti Kuteerum, Vivekananda Yoga Centre, Deemed University of Yoga, Jigani on May 15th 2005.
Dr. John Ebnezar's Conferences & Presentations Photos
|IOA Conference Bombay 2005
||IOA Conference Delhi 2006|
|IOACON Bombay 2005
|Presentation in Holistic Conference 2006
||International confrence on Arthitis with Dr. S. Venkat|
|>> Presentation in Hyderabad, 2006|
|Lighting the lamp
||Speech by Dr. John Ebnezar|
|>> IOACON 2007, Kolkata|
|>> Books released in IOACON 2007, Kolkata|
|Step by Step Fracture Treatment
||Step by Step Emergency Orthopedics|
|>> Faculty at the 6th CTIC 2008, CALICUT MEDICAL COLLEGE, July 12th and 13th 2008.
| Making a presentation on Knee
|| Addressing the gathering|
|Examination of a PG Student
|| With Eminent faculty|
The list of My fellow faculty for the Orthocourse for Postgraduate student at Calicut Medical College, July 13th and 14th 2008 and the program is as follows:
- Prof. Vrisha Madhuri, Vellore
- Prof. Mathew varghese, New Delhi
- Prof. Ravi Korula, Vellore
- Prof. KC Gopalakrishnan, Trivandrum
- Prof. Ravikumar, Chennai
- Prof. Sudhakar Shetty, Mangalore
- Prof. Gopakumar TS, Trivandrum
- Prof. John Ebnezer, Bangalore
- Prof. Vikraman CS, Trivandrum
- Prof. MK Viswanathan, Calicut
- Prof. U Jayaprakash, Calicut
- Prof. Dinesh Shanker, Mangalore
- Prof. CM Kumaran, Calicut
- Prof. Ummar Parayil, Alapuzha
- Prof. KS Jyodish, Calicut
- Prof. P Gopinath, Calicut
- Prof. MK Ravindran
|10:45-11:15AM||- How to reach the anatomic and pathological diagnosis in the affected hip - Prof. Vrisha Madhuri|
|11:15-11:45AM||- Controversies in the examination of bilateral hip disease - Prof. Mathew Varghese|
|11:45AM-1PM||- Session on bilateral hip disease|
|1:30-2:00PM||- Nerve injuries in the upperlimb - Prof. Ravi Korula|
|2:00-2:30PM||- Management of Lower Limb Poliomyelitis - Prof. Mathew Varghese|
|2:30-3:30PM||- Session on Poliomyelitis|
|3:30-5:00PM||- Session on Peripheral Nerves|
|5:00PM||- Open House - How to prepare for DNB with all faculty members|
|7:00PM||- Course Dinners at IMA Hall, Kozhikode|
|7:00-9:00AM||- Ward Rounds|
|9:30-9:50AM||- Examination of the Knee - Prof. John Ebnezar|
|10:00-11:00AM||- Session on Knee|
|11:00-11;030AM||- Orthopedic Implants & Instruments - Prof. TS Gopakumar|
|11:30-1:00PM||- Session on short cases|
|2:00-4:00PM||- Session on Short Cases|
IOACON 2009, Bhubaneshwar
Dr. John delivering a guest lecture on the “Overview of Fractures and their Management” in Osteoporosis during the National conference of the Indian Orthopedic Association on 27th Nov 2009 at Bhubaneshwar and also chairing the session on Osteoporosis.
|| Receiving Momento|
>> BSOG Conference, 2009
Deliverying a Lecture
Dr. John Ebnezar delivering a guest lecture on Fractures in Osteoporosis - A Big Challenge in the Annual Conference of the Bangalore Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Bangalore Medical College on 6th Dec 2009.
FACULTY AT INTERNATIONAL SPINE CONFERENCE AND CADAVERIC WORKSHOP
AT MUMBAI ON 10TH AND 11TH JUNE 2011
DR JOHN EBNEZAR DELIVERED A GUEST
LECTURE ON DISABILITY ASSESSMENT IN MVC CASES ON 4TH
AT JN MEDICALCOLLEGE BELGAUM DURING THE 36TH ANNUAL
CONFERENCE OF THE KARNATAKA ORTHOPEDIC
ASSOCIATION. HIS TALK WAS VERY MUCH
APPRECIATED BY THE AUDIENCE.
HE WAS FELICITATED DURING THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
MEETING AT JNMC,BELGAUM AND THE VICE CHANCELLOR AND
THE PRINICPAL MADE SPECIAL MENTION OF DR
JOHN EBNEZARS ACHIEVEMENTS AND AS A TOKEN OF HONOR HE WAS MADE
TO SIT WITH THE DIGNITARIES IN THE FRONT ROW WHILE ALL
OTHER ALUMNI MEMBERS STOOD BEHIND.
OSSUM" - SURGICAL SKILL PROGRAM AT AUROBINDO MEDICAL
COLLEGE,INDORE FROM 4TH TO 6TH,2013
the recently concluded Surgical Skills Workshops at Indore, the delegates gave a
big thumbs up for my concept of Wholistic Orthopedics. At
the end of the program,in the feedback forms,everyone had ticked "Wholistic
Orthopedics" is need of the hour making it a 100% acceptance and shift in
the views of orthopedic surgeons. This has given me immense satisfaction
for having pioneered a new treatment method in orthopedics that can be effective
both in orthopedic trauma and almost all orthopedic related diseases. From
skepticism in 2004 to wholesale acceptance in 2013, I feel the path I treaded
was in the right direction. All my 4 lectures were rated as excellent and
there was wholesale acceptance of yoga in OA Knees and some senior delegates and
faculties even termed my lecture on Wholistic Orthopedics as mind blowing and
out of this world that made them think and think really hard about the way we
are treating our patients. They said seldom has a speaker made such a big
impact on something other than surgery in a surgical conference so much so that
everyone was 100% convinced and this is reflected in their feed back forms.
orthopedics (Not holistic!) stands for the WHO concept of health of attaining
complete physical,mental and social well being and not just physical health.
We already have a well developed physical line of treatment and adding
yoga completes the other aspects of mental and social well being. This
definition has not been ammended since 1948, that means it is not a new idea but
a old one which has not been implemented by we doctors. In this modern day
stress filled world do you have any better alternative than yoga in taking care
of the mental health of our patients?
it is time we welcome and embrace Wholistic Orthopedics and treat our patients
the WHO way.